You Tube

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Podcasts and Philip Adams

Finally, I have got to Podcasts. Ever since Late night live went to Podcasting I have been interested in the technology. Hence my RSS feed. Podcasting has been a great innovation particularly as it allows for people to catch up on programmes they have missed without having to rely on transcripts. Its future in libraries? I can see their use as an instructional aid although I have doubts about whether people would choose to use them. I could, however, see a future for cataloguing links to Podcasts which could have a research or public interest aspect.
As for e audio books while I envisage them replacing the traditional Talking Books they will still, I believe, only appeal to a limited market.

So there we have it. The end of Web 2.0. How much will I remember? As much as I use. Technology is like that.

No comments: