You Tube

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Zoho and Odeo

I have had another look at Zoho having had an earlier attempt to use it frustrated by IT problems. The theory behind Zoho is great and I can see the potential for those undertaking collaborative writing tasks or those library patrons or students who often have to use a number of computers. I am sure we have all had experience with people trying to access their work in the library only to find that they cannot access it because of software incompatibility. One of my reservations with Zoho is that it seems to have a very cluttered interface and there is probably a need for less of a sales pitch and more "Help" advice.

I then decided to try using Odeo one of the Web 2.0 winners. Although Odeo boasts a large number of free podcasts I found this site difficult to navigate because of the large amount of advertising and subscription requests. The methods for searching was also not particularly useful. This seems to be mainly aimed at the youth market with an emphasis on music and entertainment.

2 comments:

Arvind said...

Thanks for trying out Zoho and for your feedback comments! Do write to us at aravind@zoho.com your detailed feedback on the Zoho services you tried so that it will help us address your concerns.

Aravind
http://zoho.com

Eric Rupert said...

Panther:

I know all about your frustration with Odeo. We are re-building it from the ground up as a completely new site with both audio and video and a sophisticated search engine. drop an email to eric@odeo.com and I'll update on the status of the private beta.

Thanks